By accepting these General Vodacom Broadband Terms and Conditions, you agree that your standard airtime contract terms and conditions shall apply to the fullest extent possible to your use of all Vodacom data products.
Managing your data usage
We want to help you monitor and manage your data usage better. As soon as you subscribe to a Data Contract or buy a data bundle (“the Service”), we willl inform you of your data balance by sending you SMSs at certain usage thresholds (for example 50%, 80% & 90%).
As a Vodacom Service Provider customer, you can register on vodacom.co.za to view your billing and data usage information.
If you subscribe to a Broadband Internet Contract, send an SMS with ‘MM ’ to 31050 (free) from your VMB Connection Manager (containing the SIM card on which your Data Contract or bundle is active), or refer to the ALTNUM info below. We’ll send you an SMS with your data usage.
Only available to Vodacom Service Provider Contract customers
If you subscribe to a Data Contract or have a data bundle activated, dial *135# or *135*500# (free) from the SIM card on which your Data Contract or bundle is active. Follow the menu and your data balance will be displayed on your cellphone screen.
If you’d prefer your SMS notifications to go to an alternative number, like your cellphone, activate this service in store, or SMS ALTNUM 082 XXX XXXX (the last 7 digits of the cellphone number you want notifications to be sent to) to 123. This option is only applicable to Data Contract customers.
Terms and Conditions
Whilst every effort has been made by Vodacom (Pty) Ltd ("Vodacom"), and its suppliers of information, to ensure the proper performance of this website, the accuracy of the information/images and the reliability of the binary data on this website, Vodacom, its affiliated companies, suppliers, or any of their employees, do not guarantee the availability of services, content and information offered on this website ("the Services") or the accuracy of the information and/or images on this website. We make no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, and assume no liability or responsibility for the proper performance of this website and/or the Services and/or the information and/or images contained on this website, and the Services are thus used at your own risk. In particular we make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements, be uninterrupted, complete, timely, secure or error free.
We will not entertain requests for exchanges, returns and/or refunds.
You indemnify and holds us harmless against all and any loss, liability, actions, suites, proceedings, costs, demands and damages of all and every kind, (including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages), and whether in an action based on contract, negligence or any other action, arising out of or in connection with the failure or delay in the performance of the Services offered on this website, or the use of the Services, information and/or images available on this website, whether due to our negligence or not.
3. USE OF SERVICES
You may only use the Services for lawful purposes and you warrant that you shall not:
1. Use the Services to receive or transmit material which is in violation of any law or regulation, which is obscene, threatening, racist, menacing, offensive, defamatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of any intellectual property rights, or otherwise objectionable or unlawful;
2. Use the Services for the transmission of "junkmail", "spam", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass distribution of SMS;
3. Other than for your personal and non-commercial use, store on your computer, or print copies of extracts from this website, and you may not, other than for your personal and non-commercial use, "mirror" or cache information provided via this website on your own server, or copy, adapt, modify or re-use the text or graphics from this website without prior written permission from Vodacom.
1. Vodacom and all its associated companies are committed to respecting the privacy of your personal data. To demonstrate our commitment, Vodacom has created this Security and Privacy Statement in order to communicate its intent to provide effective processes for the appropriate handling of such private information and to comply with applicable legislation that governs the authentication, protection and disclosure of personal information.
2. What types of information are Vodacom collecting, and how do we do it? You will be able to explore the majority of the Services offered on this website without us collecting any identifiable information from you. For the purpose of business communications, administration and transacting we may collect and use personal information, for example: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail and/or account details. This will enable us to:
- Respond to queries or requests submitted by you;
- Process orders or applications;
- Resolve problems with goods and services previously supplied; and/or
- Create products or services that may meet your future requirements.
- Vodacom will collect, store, process, transmit or otherwise handle private information only with the knowledge and consent of you, our customer.
- Mostly, this is done by completing an online form.
We may store some information (commonly known as a "cookie") on your computer when you visit our website. This enables Vodacom to recognise you during subsequent visits. The type of information gathered is non-personal (such as: the IP address of your computer, the date and time of your visit, which pages you browsed and whether the pages have been delivered successfully. Apart from merely establishing basic connectivity and communications, Vodacom may also use this data in aggregate form to develop customised services - tailored to your individual interests and needs. Should you choose to do so, it is possible (depending on the browser you are using), to be prompted before accepting any cookies, or to prevent your browser from accepting any cookies at all. This will however cause certain features of the web site not to be accessible.
4. What about the security of my personal data?
Vodacom has implemented, policies, processes and technologies aimed at protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your personal information. We will update and refine these measures on an ongoing basis. Please note that Vodacom cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites you may access using links from this website. We recommend that you check the policy of each site you visit and that you contact that specific organisation if you have any concerns or questions. Please be aware that internet communications are inherently insecure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may be routed through any number of countries before reaching our website. Vodacom therefore assumes no responsibility or liability of any nature whatsoever for the interception or loss of personal information beyond our control.
5. Will Vodacom disclose any of my personal information?
Vodacom does not distribute any of your personal information to third parties; unless it is required to deliver the products or services requested by you. In addition, Vodacom will not sell your personal information to third parties unless you give us your specific permission to do so. For example, we may disclose your data to a credit card company to obtain payment for a purchase you initiated. It may also be necessary to pass on your data to a supplier who will deliver the product on order. In addition, Vodacom may be obligated to disclose personal information to meet any legal or regulatory requirements of applicable laws.
6. Amendments to this Security and Privacy Statement
Vodacom reserves the right to amend or modify this Security and Privacy statement at any time in response to new privacy legislation.
1. Whilst your name and e-mail address which is supplied to us when registering for the Services will not automatically be made available to the recipient of your SMS, we nevertheless are able to trace the source of an SMS, and such information will be made available to the authorities if required by law.
2. Monitoring or recording of your calls, e-mails or SMSs may take place for business or legal purposes to the extent permitted by law, such as for example quality control and training for the purposes of marketing and improving the Services. However, in these situations, we will not disclose information that could be used to personally identify you.
5. ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS
All electronic communications, including any attachments thereto that are transmitted to you by us, shall be on the following terms and conditions:
1. Before any purported agreement that has been negotiated either wholly or partly by electronic means shall be considered binding on Vodacom, the following terms and conditions shall apply:
a. An advanced electronic signature, (as defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002), of a duly authorized member of the Board of Directors of Vodacom shall be required to be used and attached to any electronic communication containing any offer and/or acceptance by Vodacom, as the case may be.
b. Where Vodacom is acting as the offeror, the agreement shall be deemed to have been concluded at the time when and place where the acceptance of the offer was actually received by the Director so acting on behalf of Vodacom, and upon such Director expressly and manually acknowledging receipt of such acceptance.
c. An electronic communication shall be considered to have been sent by a Director as aforesaid only if:
2. The Director sent it personally; or
3. It was sent by a person who had the required authority to act on behalf of the said Director
4. Any opinion or advice contained in electronic communications shall be subject to the terms and conditions contained in any governing agreement
5. Vodacom is not responsible for the proper and/or complete transmission of the information contained in the electronic communication or of the electronic communication itself nor in any delay in its receipt.
6. Whilst Vodacom does employ virus filtering, it provides no guarantees or warrantees that the electronic communication is virus-free.
6. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that we own the intellectual property rights in and to this website, and all Services contained herein, and that the unauthorised use thereof is expressly prohibited. The word or mark "Vodacom", and "Voda", however represented, including stylised representation, all associated logos and symbols and combinations of any of the aforegoing with another word or mark, used on this site, are the trademarks of Vodacom, or one of its affiliated companies.
If you have a password you undertake to keep it secure and warrant that no other person shall use the Services utilising your password, and you acknowledge further that you are responsible for ensuring that no unauthorised access to the Services is obtained using your password, and that you will be liable for all such activities conducted pursuant to such use, whether authorised or not.
8. TERMINATION and VARIATION
We reserve the right to alter, restrict and/or terminate the Services to you in particular, or to the public in general, without notice or reason, or to revise these terms and conditions, and/or the prices at which the Services are offered, at any time. Such changes will be posted on this website and be deemed to have been accepted by you if you continue using the Services. The obligation therefore is on you to review these terms and conditions at regular intervals.
1. These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, and you shall submit to the jurisdiction of the South African Courts.
2. These terms and conditions are severable, in that if any provision is determined to be illegal or unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction, then such provision shall be deemed to have been deleted without affecting the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions.
3. Our failure to exercise any particular rights or provision of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
4. These terms and conditions, as varied by us from time to time pursuant to clause 8, above constitute the sole agreement between yourself and ourselves.
These terms and conditions shall be for the benefit of Vodacom and may be waived by us in our discretion.
Vodacom reserves the right to manage traffic on its network to ensure optimal performance and a better customer experience
For all Vodacom Broadband customers, any data purchased or allocated is valid until the last calendar day of the next month, e.g. if you buy a MyGig 1.2 Data Bundle on 10 November, then the unused data will be carried over until 31 December. Any unused data not used by 31 December will expire. Any carried-over megabytes will only be used after the recurring monthly data bundle allocation has been depleted.
Vodacom reserves the right to amend or modify these usage terms and conditions and such modified, amended or updated terms will be posted on our website.You will be bound by all current terms and conditions, so please update yourself with them on a regular basis.
11. Voice over IP
Vodacom reserves the right to charge a differentiated data usage rate for any voice over the Internet Protocol (VoIP) traffic on any of its data bearers as amended from time to time.
VoLTE terms and conditions
1. VoLTE (Voice over the LTE network) requires a VoLTE compatible device with a minimum of a 64k SIM card and the VoLTE service provisioned on the SIM card. Customers can call 082 135, 082 155 to provision their SIM cards, alternatively they can visit any approved Vodacom outlet to have the service activated.
2. The VoLTE service will be free of charge. Calls made over the VoLTE network will be charged for at the prevailing price plans applicable call rates. The VoLTE service will be automatically provisioned for customers using compatible devices within 24 hours of the activation of their SIM card in the device.
3. Existing free minutes, where applicable, can be used to make VoLTE calls.
4. VoLTE will be available to Contract price plans only during the launch phase. VoLTE will not be available to Top Up/uChoose and Prepaid price plans during the launch phase.
5. VoLTE calls will only be available in LTE coverage areas, for more information visit the coverage map at https://myvodacom.secure.vodacom.co.za, alternatively call 082 135 free from your Vodacom cell phone.
6. The VoLTE service will not be available to customers that have an active One Net service
7. Calls made to international numbers will be charged for at the prevailing price plans applicable international call rate.
8. If a customer moves out of an LTE coverage area during a VoLTE call, the call will be switched back to the CSFB (Circuit Switched Fall Back) network, which will then handle the call. CSFB refers to the older second generation and third generation networks that co-exist with LTE on the Vodacom network on which calls have been historically made. Calls will be charged for at the prevailing price plans applicable call rate regardless of the network being used for the duration of the call.
9. VoLTE calls made to other networks will be possible, network dependant, and will be charged for at the prevailing price plans applicable call rate to other networks regardless of the network being used for the duration of the call.
10. All existing applicable international roaming terms and conditions apply.
11. All existing applicable price plan, product and LTE terms and conditions apply.